Choosing the best supplier
- Hits: 1798
Helping you choose the best supplier
The pressure of planning an event can sometimes be slightly overwhelming. With 101 things to sort out the last thing you want to worry about is whether your suppliers are reliable, if the hiring process is going to be smooth and easy, and that your furniture is going to get there on time and all in good condition. With so many companies around now it is hard to know what you should be looking for when deciding on the best company to use to hire furniture.
The first three obvious things you’re going to look for is the best quality for the best price to suit your budget and a company you think are going to be reliable.
Before choosing a company, we first recommend planning the type of event you are going to be hosting. Think about everything you may need. If you are unsure we recommend the following:
- Have a good look at the company’s website, at all the items available for hire, and read up about the company. The website should look professional and provide you with a lot of information.
- Take a look at the gallery pages on the website to see previous events the company has supplied. This may also help inspire you in terms of themes, colours, layouts etc. for your own event.
- Look for a company blog page on the website; search for regular, up to date posts designed to offer tips and advice to help organise and inspire potential customers like yourself (just like this one!)
- Ask for a company brochure showing all the items they hire and any further information that may be available
These steps should help you get a feel for the company, and whether they are able to offer what you are looking for. Once you have found a company that supplies what you need, you will then need to consider price, quality of the products and reliability of the company. We recommend taking the following steps:
- Ask your venue or wedding planner for their preferred suppliers. They will be used to hosting events on a regular basis and will have a list of people and organisations that they have worked with in the past, that they know are reliable, trustworthy and provide quality products and services.
- Ask your venue/wedding planner if they have heard of the company you are looking to hire from. They should have heard of the company, and if they have worked with them before, they will undoubtedly have a view.
- Look at the company’s social media accounts, and look to see if they have any work featured on wedding blogs or in wedding magazines (take a look at Rosetone, NU Bride and Bride Magazine features here).
- Read reviews – look at the Google reviews, Facebook, and other social media pages.
- Ask for photos from previous events that you think are similar to yours so you can see what the hired items looked like once they were set up.
- Arrange a visit to the company’s showroom to ensure the item or items are what you are expecting, and to ensure that the quality is up to your standards.
- Ask for a full quotation. The company should offer you a full set of information that they think you should know, being as open and helpful as possible. The company should also be forthcoming with their full terms and conditions to show they have nothing to hide - always read the small print!
Once you have received your quotes it is time to see if it matches your budget. We know budget can be one of the biggest constraints when planning any event. Even if your budget is limited please do not think that the cheapest supplier is going to necessarily be the best. This is often not the case. Make sure you look at the quality of their products as well as services, and make sure you really are getting value for your money. Similarly, the most expensive is not necessarily the best either, you may be able to find the same quality for cheaper.
If you have done your research you should be able to identify the companies that are the best value for money. Don’t forget, referrals and recommendations are always a great way to assess a company, and you should also always be able to visit the company’s showroom to see the chairs and other hire items in person yourself.
Make sure you ask lots of questions. A reputable and legitimate event supplier will not mind you asking lots of questions. The supplier should be accommodating and helpful. You can even ask them what they recommend for your event. When you are planning a wedding, a party or any other type of event there is always that feeling you may have missed something. Remember, the hire company deal with events daily, so if there is anything you are unsure about or think you might have missed, just ask! Here are some FAQ we get asked from those hiring from us.
Other things to think about when planning a wedding or other type of event:
- Obtain all necessary contact details, names, addresses and phone numbers for the suppliers from the outset. You’ll need to know who to contact and how to contact them should you have a query with your hire at any stage of the process – right up to and including the big day.
- Wedding Insurance is an important aspect, and one that so many people miss! Weddings are very expensive and this type of insurance covers you for anything unforeseen that may unfortunately happen.
- Make sure you have read and understood all the paperwork the hire company sends you. This is important and will ensure that everything runs smoothly on the day.
- Are you completely familiar with the deposit and payment terms, the hire terms and conditions and booking procedure? Again, check the contract, and those terms and conditions. The company themselves should always be happy to explain any aspect, so don’t hesitate to give them a call.
- Know the company’s opening times so you know you can get in contact with them if and when you need to. For example, Rosetone has a 24/7 email and telephone service.
- Think about the setting-up and setting-down of the furniture. Rosetone offer a set-up and set-down service, ask for more details at , or give us a call on 01462 811166.
- Will there be children at your event? Do you need special furniture for them? Rosetone hire children’s furniture as well, click here.
- If you are having tables, have you arranged a seating plan? If you need help, look out for out next blog on seating plans, coming very soon!
Do you need a variety of different and/or special chairs for yourself or the ‘VIP’ party guests? Perhaps for the top table at your wedding? Then take a look at the Louis Chairs, which are very popular as wedding top table chairs. See them here.
We have tried to share with you some of the main things we find you will need to consider when selecting a supplier for your event. We do of course recommend you take a look at our own services, not only because at Rosetone we really do consider we have the whole package, but we also have years of experience in the event hire business to ensure your day goes perfectly.
We are confident in the services we provide, backed up by outstanding reviews from previous customers and a prestigious ‘preferred supplier’ status from many UK venues such as Bedford Barns Hotel, Chicheley Hall, Eversholt Hall, The Langham Hotel London, Woburn Sculptor Gallery and Hunton Park, as well as Wedding Planners and Suppliers such as Jay and I Events, Grey Court Florists, Amie Bone Flowers, Ragamama Ragasaan and Anaiah Grace (to name but a few).
We are the only UK supplier to bring all of our chairs in raw and finish them here at our warehouse in Bedfordshire to ensure that all chairs are of the highest quality and made from solid beach wood. The fact that we finish them here in the UK means that we can ensures that our stock products are always clean and fresh.
If you would like a brochure click here, or for anymore information or full quotation please email or call us on ask for more details on or 01462 811166.
We look forward to helping make your big day the perfect day.